Hi All - please see below this weeks Tech Wrap-Up
- Image insertion reworked to be more reliable and less prone to formatting issues (including inadvertent deletion of text below the image)
- Now possible to add a link around an image
- Link Insert dialog box a little prettier/matching other UI
- Cleanup of formatting of text pasted in from outside editors [this is rolled out to 1/2 our network sites and we'll go to 100% 07/18]
- Roundup of other bug fixes: slow Notifications, disappeared comments, block/follow requests, video decorator, faster private pages, burner Login issues
- Created the first version of the API interface & Service Authentication guidelines
- New groupchat layout and left rail prototypes. Design and UX concepts for the new global navigation.
- Fix for bug where saving a reply with an image without waiting for the image to finish uploading can result in broken image
- Faster save of posts containing images that were added by URL
- We started mocking a new standalone settings page, the goal is to have a more straightforward way of editing profile and blog settings
- Adding GA measurements to the various registration stages to see how we can improve the registration process
- Cleaning up the groupchat view.
- Faster upload of images (by sending them directly to our provider)
- New Global Navigation Prototype
- Slack, we have purchased enterprise licenses for Slack, so we'll be doing discovery work around integrating slack into Kinja